- Category: Uncategorised
Burdock Group offers exciting career opportunities. We are a multidisciplinary toxicology and risk assessment consulting group, with headquarters in Orlando, Fla., employing approximately 20 professional staff. We seek talented individuals from a variety of disciplines and levels of education (bachelors, masters, and doctoral), and years of experience (recent to veterans), to join Burdock Group's team of consultants. We're looking for strong candidates to help us deliver the practical solutions for safety assessment and regulatory compliance for which we have become known.
At Burdock Group, we "fuse science and compliance" for a broad cross-section of companies and organizations, related primarily to food ingredients, dietary supplements, cosmetics and animal/pet food ingredients. Desired training and expertise is evaluated in the fields of toxicology, risk assessment, nutrigenomics, nutrition, epidemiology and biostatistics.
We take pride in the fact that returning clients, from industry leaders to emerging start-ups, represent more than 90 percent of our business. At Burdock Group, we do more than solve problems. We design solutions.
It is Burdock Group's policy to conduct all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status, and in accordance with applicable laws, directives, and regulations of countries in which we do business.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Burdock Group and will consider your qualifications for our current staffing needs.
Experienced Scientist/ Toxicologist
The Burdock Group is searching for an experienced scientist to join our group. We perform safety and risk assessments for foods, food and feed ingredients (including pet food), dietary supplements, cosmetics and food contaminants for our clients, many of whom are listed in the Fortune 500. Senior members of the group also perform efficacy assessments for potential product claims and provide regulatory advice. Routine duties associated with this position would consist of scientific and risk evaluation necessary to determine the safety-in-use of substances. Because this is a niche area, some on-the-job training is anticipated, but analytical thinking and problem solving skills are valued above all. Experience in metabolism is a plus.
- PhD (in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry or related), DVM or MD Degree (minimum), DABT is a plus.
- Minimum 7+ years of post-graduate experience.
- Willingness to relocate to Orlando, Florida.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess an ability to problem solve.
- Analyze animal and clinical data from the scientific literature and apply to current issues.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Be autonomous, consistently performing at the highest scientific levels with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit transparency in decision-making, communication, and commitment to quantifiable business goals through accountability.
- Work well in a collegial atmosphere.
- Demonstrate past success in meeting deadlines while working as part of a team.
- Base salary plus incentive, vacation, sick, health, profit sharing, 401K, moving allowance.
- Significant opportunities for publication.
- Participation in professional societies encouraged.
- Excellent training program in food ingredient toxicology and regulation.
This is an opportunity to work with the pros. Burdock Group is the most accomplished, successful and most published of any food ingredient/dietary supplement consulting company in the world. Be a part of a growing company in a recession-proof industry. Check out our website at www.burdockgroup.com and become a member of the “A Team”. (You will not be required to make sales calls, we have professionals for that task.) Please reply with a cover letter, CV, date of availability and salary requirements.
Please submit your resume to:
Gina Radcliff, Controller